Amp Up Your Workout Routine with Hearing Aids
Building a regular fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to stay inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of exercising itself is usually not pleasant. We do it predominantly for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to overcome the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, commonly by listening to music.
Music not only supplies a distraction but also brings about the motivation and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and suddenly you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be beneficial for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning mood, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a fitness partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, focus on and accentuate speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to maintain a discussion with your partner in an active gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you might be concerned about possible damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant to dirt and moisture to some extent, there are some accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Think of investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, safeguarding them from sweat and debris.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become unintentionally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to learn more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!